Are all mothers more or less stereotypical when it comes to discipline and children? One day, as I found myself shouting for the thousandth time at my kids, I realized I was morphing from a loving parent into a child-torturing monster. My only solace lay in my desperate belief that there are other moms out there who are experiencing this transformation as well! Is that true?
Have you asked your child at least three of the following five questions in the past month? If your answer is a resounding “Yes”, then I am not alone!!!
- When will you become independent?
- Who is going to clean up this room?
- Are those dirty socks going to get off the floor and jump into the laundry hamper by themselves?
- Will you switch off the TV and do your homework?
- Did I go through 9 months of nausea for this???
Go ahead, tell me your answer was “YES”!!!