- When we listen to children and accept their feelings, they let go of their negative feelings and find the strength to work things out for themselves.
- Parents do not need to constantly advise or solve the problem. Listening and supporting helps the child much more.
- He also discovers his own abilities to face situations and thus builds up his self esteem.
- Listening with attention helps us go beyond the obvious and come to know at a deeper level what is troubling the child.
- By listening and not judging we open the doors for our children to feel free to come to us with any problem.
- When a child feels heard he is more willing to listen to parent’s thoughts and ideas and hence parents are in a better position to guide their children by being good listeners.
To know more: Book- Parent Effectiveness Training by Thomas Gordon. www.parenteffectivenesstraining.blogspot.com