This realization dawned on me today morning as I was rushing to office with my stubborn 3 year old crying for me to wait in school till her best friend showed up and my 7 year old waiting for me to leave home so he could watch TV on an ill-timed school holiday.
- I am a monster in the mornings: shouting at the children, gobbling up breakfast, shoving food at my kids’ innocent faces and banging doors shut!
- I am an efficient worker at office: completing deadlines on time, having courteous conversations with my clients, and typing away diligently at my PC.
- I am a Don in the evenings when my kids return home from school: punishing them with no TV, no playtime and yukky food if homework doesn’t get done on time, wielding my wooden spatula at them if they sit too close to the TV and giving them threatening looks when they refuse to eat their daily quota of fruits.
- I am a waitress during mealtimes, hurrying between the kitchen and the dining table catering to needs varying from extra chips to water, from cold curds to hot water, from pickles to pizza!
- And finally, I am me, myself at night, as I thank God for the blissful 6 hours of rest that I get as I gently tuck in my kids into bed!
PS: Full credit for the inspiration behind this post to my sister-in-law in the US – Vidya Kumar!