What you need
- Two cups salsa
- Two cups cooked beans (black, pinto or kidney beans)
- Two cups shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, or Monterey Jack)
- Sour cream
- Guacamole (check out the recipe for guacamole in Issue 8)
What to do
- Place three of the tortillas on a large cutting board.
- Spread the salsa evenly over all three.
- Top up with the beans, and sprinkle the cheese.
- To close your quesadillas, place the other three tortillas on top of each of these.
- If using an oven, pre-heat it to 200 degrees Celsius and bake the quesadillas for 15 minutes on a baking sheet.
- If using a frying pan, spread some oil over a non-stick pan and place the closed quesadilla on it. Cook each quesadilla for four to five minutes, two minutes on each side, or until the cheese melts and the tortillas turn golden-brown.
- Cut each quesadilla into six pieces and serve with guacamole and sour cream on the side for a hot and tasty meal.