• 4-6 slices of whole wheat bread
• 1 tsp of dried mixed herbs (rosemary, basil, oregano, thyme, parsley)
• Grated salted cheese
• 1 tsp of olive oil
What to do
• Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes. Grease a baking tray with vegetable oil.
• Spread out the slices of bread on the tray, and sprinkle the dried mixed herbs on top.
• Top with grated cheese.
• Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 7 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, or until cheese melts.
• Remove from and cool for five minutes. Serve.
Tips: Butter the slices of bread lightly before adding the herbs, for extra taste. Instead of dried mixed ‘foreign’ herbs, try coriander, pudina and chopped onion – to make masala bread! Use low fat cheese instead of regular cheese, for a more healthy version of the recipe.