4) Work from within. A bullied person generally is bullied all their life. If you can’t stand up to someone who is making you uncomfortable, chances are you will not be able to do so in your adult life. It is important to know what can be done to limit meanness and abuse in an age when the problem isn’t just confined to schools but is also in our computer screens and phones.
The school is working hard to get my daughter to be a happy confident, and thus a bully-free person. At my end I’m doing things they’ve recommended for the same.
Tips to tell children:
1) Remember not to take anything a bully says to heart.
2) Walk with a purposeful confidence and a ‘don’t-you-dare-mess-with-me attitude’.
3) Never try to get revenge. It will please them even more. Ignore them and walk away- that’s your best bet. All they want is attention.
5) Do not actually try to fight the bully unless you are in serious danger of injury.
6) Tell someone the second you feel threatened.